IBM Worklight and Phonegap Comparison
- December 12, 2012
- Posted by: slokam
- Category: Enterprise Mobility Blog, Uncategorized
Many customers ask us: “What is the difference between IBM Worklight and PhoneGap?” Well, here it is:
- However, you should understand that IBM Worklight and PhoneGap aren’t so easily compared because they are not the same thing.
- Although this article compares PhoneGap and IBM Worklight, it is meant to show that they are not competitive products.
- IBM Worklight leverages PhoneGap and adds to its capabilities as a deeper mobile solution.
- IBM Worklight actually comes packaged with PhoneGap. Worklight extends its reach as a full Mobile Application Platform as opposed to just being a script library or mobile app packaging client.
We’ve broken down some of the features into 4 areas in the Mobile App Life Cycle: Design, Build, Deploy & Manage. You can also DOWNLOAD a PDF copy of this comparison..
|FEATURES||PhoneGap Library*||PhoneGap Build||IBM Worklight|
|HTML5, CSS3, JS SUPPORT|
|3RD PARTY EXTENSIBLE|
|BUILD WITHOUT NATIVE SDK|
|ACCESS NATIVE DATAVIEW AND SENSORS|
|ACCESS NATIVE COMMON CONTROLS TABBAR, OPTIONS MENU, AND MORE|
|INTEGRATED SHELL CODING|
|MOBILE BROWSER SIMULATOR|
|INTEGRATED BACKEND CONNECTION|
|ENCRYPTED OFFLINE STORAGE|
|UNIFIED PUSH NOTIFICATIONS|
|FORCE UPDATE/DISABLE APPLICATION|
|BI REPORTS INTEGRATION|
*PhoneGap as a library resource must be used with an existing environment so there are many things it cannot “do” by itself.
You can also DOWNLOAD a PDF copy of our OpenLogix IBM Worklight & PhoneGap Comparison.
For more information visit our IBM Worklight page.